Monday, June 1, 2009

Shaking Hands with the Winner


Many people are upset with Cleveland Cavs superstar Lebron James for his actions of not shaking hands with the Orlando Magic after the Magic defeated James and the Cavs.  

This is what James had to say about it:

"It's hard for me to congratulate somebody after you just lose to them," he said. "I'm a winner. It's not being a poor sport or anything like that. If somebody beats you up, you're not going to congratulate them. That doesn't make sense to me. I'm a competitor. That's what I do. It doesn't make sense for me to go over and shake somebody's hand."



Do you agree?  As a former player, when the emotions are thick and you were hearing a lot of talk on the court and you got beat up, it is difficult to congratulate them on the spot.  But because we live in a world where everything has to be fair (but not fair), and we have to do things for the kids, we have to suffer and do these things not to appear barbaric.

I mean you go to war with a country and you have to spare men and treat prisoners good.  The same prisoners that if they escaped, they would kill you in a heartbeat.

So after a ball game, shake hands to show the kids that it's okay to lose, no matter how upset you are.  Two boxers in the ring going at it; one guy bloodying up the other, and afterwards we want the guy who has two closed up eyes, two broken ribs, missing teeth, and bloody nose to come over to the other guy and force him to say congrats.  That's kind of weird, awkward, and shaky to me in my book.  What do you think?

Randall W.
Chicago Funnies
--

*Build a recession proof business online. Visit www.MakeMoneyHourly.com

No comments: